Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Taiping Marathon apology (or should I call it complaint letter)

A fellow runner friend of mine, Adeline was very helpful in calling the race director of the Taiping Marathon to help me in my plight of getting what I think is rightfully mine, which is 3rd place in the half marathon. The race director, Dr. Rajendran asked me to email him with my dispute. I finally received a response from him yesterday. I was so disgusted reading his email that I didn't even bother to finish it. The email was titled "Apology" but it felt like the race director was writing a letter of complaint to me!

(pls click on the letter for full view)


There are a few "problems" with this email. At the race venue, I got into an argument with PAAA (Perak Amateur Athletics Association) about the results. They told me their decision is final and any complaints should be directed to the race director. When I direct my complaints to the race director, he tells me PAAA is the final decision maker and he can't overturn their decision. I got "tai-chi" from one place to another. GREAT.

Thanks a lot, Mr. Race Director. Until Taiping Marathon sees a new organizer, you won't see me running it anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment