Wednesday, September 12, 2012

CEP Compression Socks Review

Thanks to CEP Malaysia, I had 3 weeks to test out the CEP compression socks and here is my review on the product.

This is the second pair of compression socks that I have come to own. The first was the 2xu compression socks that I got for free from the Newton Run in 2010. I took the CEP compression socks out on intervals, tempos, LSDs and I slept in it at night for recovery. Although the material of the socks are quite thick, I never felt they were hot to run with. However, when I wore them to bed, they can get a tad bit hot being worn inside my bedroom. Nevertheless, upping the fan/air-con volume will easily solve that.

The socks are not too hard to put on once you figure out the right system. I use the roll and pull system. I first roll up the socks to slip it onto my foot before rolling out the socks and gently pulling it upwards. It should not be an issue putting on these socks during a triathlon transition. They come on pretty quick. Once on, the socks felt snug and compressed. The effect of compression felt so much better than the 2xu compression socks. With the 2xu, I felt as if I was just wearing another normal pair of socks.

On the runs, the CEP felt great. You can feel the effect of the compression socks hugging your muscles. After some really hard intervals and tempos, my legs still feel fresh. Even after a brutal 24km LSD, the next day I did not get any muscle soreness. When I slept in them, I woke up the next day and went on a hard run with my legs feeling good.

Conclusion, this product is great because it is not too difficult to put on and it held up really well on all types of runs. On top of that it aids recovery.

CEP is endorsed by a group of talented athletes including New York Marathon champion, Meb Keflezighi, Ironman World Champion, Miranda Carfrae and Ironman 70.3 World Champion, Andy Potts. I am wearing the exact same compression socks as they are :).

 

To read up more on CEP amazing graduated compression technology which is what makes the socks so great, head to their website.

Sizing chart:

Colours: Black, White

Price: RM230 (RM207 with 10% discount)

1 comment:

  1. the increased circulation brought on my Compression socks can help lessen the feeling on lower body fatigue, achiness, and soreness post-travel.

    ReplyDelete