Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Which 2XU range suits you most?

I tend to get all confuse and undecided over which range of product to choose when I want to buy gears. And what do I do when I faced with this kind of situation? I tend to go for the cheapest option...
Yes, I am very careful with spending :P Alright, stingy if you want to be mean

Am I choosing the correct product for my activity? This is what prompt me to research for more information.

The Findings
If you browsed though 2XU product, you'd have notice they have various range of the 2XU product. They uses different technology for specific reason. Here I have compiled some of the information from my research. They help me understand 2XU better. I hope they help you too.


Competitive range, offering normal apparels without compression feature. The name of the product usually comes with the name COMP for example Comp Tri Short, Comp Tri Top, Comp Tri Suit. I used to mistaken Comp for compression, but apparent that is not the case. Remember this, Comp stands for Competitive.

Endurance range are apparels made for longer triathlon races. They are usually priced higher than the competitive range.

2XU Compression range comes with the word COMPRESSION like Compression Shorts or Long Sleeve Compression Top. Usually, product in this range uses the 50D/CK fabric. The 50D/CK code means it is using a 50 denier elastomeric yarn and CK means Circular Knit technology.

To go one step further from compression, 2XU has come up with the Elite Compression range. The Elite Compression is a technology combining a new generation 70 Denier fabric with the existing high power 50 Denier fabric The new generation 70 Denier fabric is claim to have 15% more support and 25% more power than the 50 Denier fabric. It's easy to guess the name of fabric they use for the Elite Compression, 70D/CK.

Thermal version of the popular 2XU compression tights is only suitable for use in cold weather. Having a weather like Malaysia, we would never need this range at all.

New in 2011
New for 2011, 2XU introduces an entry-level tri short that still holds plenty of performance-oriented features. The Active Tri Short features 2XU’s new SBR NEO SKIN fabric, which utilizes Creora® elastane yarn for comfort and durability.

Comparison:
Comparing products like 2XU Comp Tri Shorts and 2XU Endurance Tri Shorts, you can conclude that the latter is built for longer trainings/races and hence would have a slightly higher price than the former. To go one step further than the 2 mentioned above would be the 2XU Compression Tri Shorts which is tri pants with "Compression".

2XU has different size charts for Compression range and non-compression, so make sure you refer to the right chart when you do your purchase :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment